Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Astroblast (M-Network 1982)

It was a frustrating ordeal going over to my neighbors to try to play Astrosmash on their Intellivision. If I would have been paying attention, I could have been enjoying (nearly) the same game on my vcs as much as I wanted. It's even been said that the version they made for the 2600 is superior to the original. I'm not going to debate that, but this is a good game. You get very fast action using the paddle controllers. The drawback is that there is a glitch in either the scoring or number of lives (I don't remember) once your score starts reaching mammoth heights. I use the joystick because of this. For the action you sacrifice, you get a helluva challenge. Anyway, the Intellivision version used the disc, not paddles....so, really, if one wants to nitpick, the joystick is the more "pure" way to play. It's fun either way.

Rating: B

No comments: