Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Jr. Pac-Man (Atari 1984)

Amazing arcade translation we have here. Scrolling mazes and many levels give this game almost infinite replayability. Actually, when I'm in the mood for a Pac-Man game, this is usually the version I play. If Atari would have made the original Pac-Man HALF this good, maybe things would have been different. Nevertheless, you need this in your core collection of games for your 2600; there's no doubt about it. The only irritant I have with it is the FIRST screen is a bit too difficult. I've always had trouble not loosing one or two lives before the second screen; which means less lives for later levels. A minor point really, because you DO have the option at starting at any level you choose. I personally like the challenge from starting at the beginning though.

Rating: A-

No comments: